Your privacy is important to us
This website is operated by Modillon Ltd, trading as Optiminder (“Modillon”, “Optiminder” “we” or “us” or “our”), registered in England and Wales under number: 10118439, with its registered office at International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, London, Greater London, EC1A 2BN.
If there’s something vague or confusing here, send us a message, and we’ll respond as quickly as possible. You can reach us via this contact form.
What personal information do we collect?
We only collect and process your information in the following ways:
- Information you give us.
These are the details you share with us when you sign up for our newsletter.
- Information we collect automatically.
- Information we receive from third parties.
We don’t buy or receive any data from third parties.
How do we collect information from you?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Directly provided data: information that you voluntarily provide, for example:
- by filling in a contact form on our website,
- when you personalise our website with your preferences,
- information provided for a specific purpose, such as requests for marketing materials, entering promotions, responding to a survey or when you report a problem with our site or contact our Customer Support team,
- if you send us personal information which identifies you via email. In that case, we will retain your email and your email address to communicate with regarding requested services as well as to improve our customer services.
- Automatically collected data: information that is created and recorded automatically through your use of our site and services, for example:
- Details of the resources that you access to visit our website (for example, URL addresses, traffic data etc.).
The type of device used to view our website, your device settings, and why a system error may have occurred. This is non-personally identifiable information. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have further details on what information your device makes available.
How we use your information
We use your information as required to provide with our service, to provide you with a better experience and, with your permission, to keep you updated with new products, offers and exclusives.
We may use your information in the following ways:
- For the performance of our services, or where we have a legitimate interest, for example:
- for the administration of the website, to ensure that website content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, and to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to,
- for every stage required in the fulfilment of your service.
- If you have consented to receive marketing information from us, we may use your information in the following way:
- details of enquiry you requested through our website our services will be processed and used to contact you by email with information about services which may be of interest because they are similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
You have the option to unsubscribe from our e-mails through a link at the bottom of every e-mail we send to you.
If you want to change the details that you have registered online with us, or would like to amend your preferences or unsubscribe altogether, this can be requested via this contact form.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We don’t have an official ‘expiry date’ on your personal information. If we do remove some of your personal information, it’s in the interest of cleaning up our database to keep track of whether, for instance, your data is no longer valid.
We won’t add to or change any of your personal information without getting your consent, and you can always request the removal of your data via this contact form.
How we share your information
- We may share your information with our core service providers and third-party platforms as required for our business to function, for example, processing invoices, post communication or deliveries, customer support, fraud detection, your company credit risk reduction checks, IT systems support, marketers providing direct mail services, and internal audits.
- A third party may process your information in order to maintain the functionality of our website and database. These third parties will only process your information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), as amended from time to time.
- Whilst you are a member of our mailing list we may share your information with non-core service providers, such as marketing partners we have carefully selected to deliver incentives to participate in offers, polls, surveys, analysis or research, all of which assist us in enhancing our services. They are not permitted to use your information after you unsubscribe.
- We will share your personal information where we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Every external company we work with has a contract with us which clearly sets out our expectations and requirements in handling personal information and obligates them to meet these standards and those contained in the Act. Such companies may only process personal information in line with our instructions.
How we store your information
The information we collect from you will not be stored outside the UK or the European Economic Area. Your information may be processed by our staff or by the staff of our suppliers to the extent necessary to provide you with our service. By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to the transfer of your personal data, its storage and processing.
We will keep the data that we collect from you on a secure server. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and require our suppliers to do the same.
Where we have given you a password (or where you have chosen one) to access certain parts of this site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share a password with anyone.
Sensitive personal information
We do not seek to collect sensitive personal information (i.e. information relating to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual orientation or criminal records).
We recommend that you do not provide such information to us, but to the extent, you choose to do so, this will mean that you have given explicit consent (and we have accepted) for us to use the information for the reasons set out in this policy.
Access to your information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you and for you to request that changes be made to this information if it is inaccurate or not up-to-date.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee (as amended from time to time) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.